Terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions:
1. These conditions shall apply to all advertisements submitted by the company (“the Advertiser”) as identified on the Advertising Order Confirmation for publication by Schofield Publishing Ltd (“the Publisher”).
2. All advertisements are accepted subject to the Publisher’s approval of the copy and to the space being available.
3. The Publisher will send the Advertiser or its nominated agent information on mechanical requirements for the advertisement or loose insert.
4. Files must be supplied to the Publisher’s technical specification. Files must be supplied digitally via email or online transfer sites, in the requested format.
5. Copy must be supplied without application from the Publisher. All copy MUST be received by the stated dates. In the event of copy instructions not being received by the copy date the Publisher reserves the right to either repeat existing copy held or to obtain the necessary materials at the Advertiser’s expense to produce an advertisement that shall not be subject to the Advertiser’s prior approval.
6. The Publisher reserves the right to refuse or cancel, without notice, any advertisement or series of advertisements appearing in any issue.
7. The Publisher will not accept responsibility for consequential loss due to the rejection of material as unsuitable, the non-arrival of material by the stated deadline, or the failure to publish as a result of circumstances beyond the Publisher’s control.
8. Acceptance of an advertisement for publication by the Publisher does not deem endorsement or approval by the Publisher of any product or service advertised.
9. Time shall be of the essence in respect of all obligations undertaken by the Advertiser in any contract made with the Publisher. Every care is taken to avoid mistakes but the Publisher cannot accept liability for any errors due to third parties, subcontractors or inaccurate copy instructions. Claims of mistakes in advertisements will only be considered if notification is received in writing with ten days of receipt of invoice.
10. The Advertiser warrants that the information provided by him to the Publisher for the purpose of preparing or publishing any advertisement of or relating to the Advertiser’s trade or business is true and accurate.
11. The Advertiser accepts full responsibly for all content (including text, representations and illustrations) and will indemnify the Publisher against any expense, which the Publisher may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of the Advertiser’s announcement. The Publisher will also be indemnified by the Advertiser in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of any illegal or libellous matter printed for the Advertiser or any infringement of copyright patent or designs.
12. Any supplementary editorial text (‘editorial mention’) given as part of an advertisement is considered to be a free of charge addition. It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to provide the text and should the text not be received, the advertisement will be run without it, and invoiced at full price. Errors within the text provided are solely the responsibility of the Advertiser. The Publisher retains the right to amend the text to fit house style. Cancellations in any way related to this free of charge tool will not be accepted.
13. The Publisher shall not be liable for any financial, consequential or indirect loss suffered by the Advertiser as a result of any act or omission of the Publisher. The liability of the Publisher in respect of any breach of its obligations pursuant to a contract made with the Advertiser shall in no case exceed the price paid by the Advertiser to the Publisher in respect of the relevant advertisement. Save to the extent that the same cannot by law or statue be excluded, all conditions and warranties or representations expressed or implied by statue or otherwise in relation to the service provided by the Publisher to the Advertiser are hereby excluded. If an Advertiser cancels the balance of a contract, he relinquishes the right to any series discount to which he was previously entitled and advertisements will be paid for at the appropriate rate.
14. Whilst every effort will be made to meet the wishes of the Advertiser regarding positioning, no guarantee can be made unless the Advertiser is paying a special position charge. The rate card, together with these Terms and Conditions, constitutes all the terms of the contract and no agent or other representative of the company has the right to vary the terms thereof in any way.
15. Payment terms are strictly upon the publication [digital] date and receipt of invoice. Advertisers who fail to pay within 30 days from the date of invoice will be liable to a surcharge of 4% base for each full month overdue. A [digital] voucher copy or in the case of inserts a Certification of Insertion voucher, will be sent on publication together with an invoice or acknowledgement of payment received.
16. Single insertion bookings are non-cancellable.
17. Zero agency discount will be paid unless stipulated in the Advertising order.
18. Cancellation of multiple insertions for independent advertising will only be accepted if made in writing and at least 4 weeks prior to the cover or publication date. Cancellation of an advertising order less than 28 days before publication date will incur a 100% cancellation charge.
19. A confirmation of the advertising order in writing via email or fax will be considered a binding contract.
20. The Publisher does not require a signed order as the advertising space will be allocated based on confirmation via email or fax.
21. The Advertiser’s property, artwork and other materials are held at the Advertiser’s risk and should be insured by the Advertiser against fire or any other damage and whilst in transit.
22. The Publisher will return copy and artwork upon application, but reserves the right after six months from the date of the last appearance to dispose of any copy materials, providing the Advertiser or his agent has not given written instructions to the contrary.
23. For the purpose of these conditions, ‘Advertisement’ includes loose or other inserts where appropriate.
24. With regards to images, you must be the license holder of any licensed images supplied from image libraries, or have sought and obtained the correct permissions to use the pictures you are supplying. Please do not provide any pictures you are not authorised to use. Should any costs arise to Schofield Publishing from the use of images supplied, these will be passed to you.